Outback Stores Pty Ltd
Online Application Form for Store Managers
Education & Qualification
Retail Work Experience
About Outback Stores
Outback Stores provides retail services to remote stores on behalf of Indigenous communities and would like to invite you to take a closer look at how we are making a positive difference in the health, employment and economy of remote Indigenous communities.
About the role
This role is accountable for ensuring the effective store operations and customer service through the implementation and management of OBS retail operations, policies and procedures and the development of local store initiatives.
Skills & Abilities
• Extensive retail experience preferably in a grocery business
• Experience with food safety
• Cultural intelligence; particularly relating to Australian Indigenous cultures
• Analytical interpretation and problem solving skills
• Good business, communication, people management, stakeholder management and customer service skills
• Computer literacy
• Organisation and time management skills
• Coaching skills
• A competitive salary package
• Fully furnished accommodation
• 7 weeks annual leave
• Annual flight allowance
• Subsidised phone and utilities
• Use of a company vehicle
• Complete online application and submit with resume
• 1st interview – usually by telephone
• For those who progress there will be a 2nd interview – with a community visit for those not familiar with Indigenous communities
• Offer of employment (subject to successful 2nd interview)
• Pre-employment training and medical
• Induction and in-store training
The recruitment process is to make sure there is a fit between you, the applicant, and Outback Stores. Not everyone is suited to working and living in remote Aboriginal Communities and it is best to discover this early in the recruitment process.
Community Stores are based on Aboriginal Land that requires a permit to enter. Aboriginal Land Councils do not encourage and in some cases forbid the entry of domestic animals. If you have a pet you will need to consider how you will re-house or who will take care of your pet while you are working for Outback Stores as you may not be allowed to bring your pet with you.
Do Not Fill This Out